Saturday, February 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Car Car!

So it is your birthday and you are finally three. You do a great job at holding up three fingers. It took a lot of practice. Today was an eventful day. You went to breakfast with Nana and got the robot dinosaur you have been asking for. However, it was not the correct color and you were sure to tell Nana so. Then you went with Daddy to the Utah basketball game wearing ALL your Utah apparel. Except for the new sweatshirt he bought for you. Next, Grandma and Grandpa watched Max while we went to Fat Cats with Sara and Will. After eating pizza and playing bowling (skeet ball is your kind of bowling which is great because it is only 25 cents) we went and got ice cream.

You are so funny at times, often very sweet when you tell me you love me out of nowhere, and can be a GRUMPY three year old at times. We have grown so much the past year and I am happy to say many wonderful things about you!

Every morning when you wake up, you say "Is is wake-up time?" You love to cuddle with mommy and sometimes I sneak into your bed when Max gets up VERY early in the morning. If I go into your bed, you usually fall back to sleep and Max does too!

You sometimes hesitate to go to school but always tell me how much you love school when I pick you up. You can say the whole Pledge of Allegiance and can count to twenty. You know your vowels, most of your letter names, and a lot of the letter sounds. I visited your class last week and you are a VERY good listener (for your teachers) I was very impressed. My favorite thing you do lately is tell me words that "start the same". Usually they are rhyming words.

Dora is getting old and you would rather cut with scissors or write. You do like to watch one show before nap time and always try not to go potty before getting in your bed. Your first missed nap was this week and it is not something we will do again anytime soon.

Every time Daddy comes home from work you ask if I am going to the grocery store. You like to "run errands" with me.

You have been the most amazing eater your whole life. You are always up for trying new foods and your favorite food is SUSHI. Yep. It gets expensive when we take you with us! At your three year appointment, you were in the 100%tile for height and 75%tile for weight. You wear a size 5T in most clothes and a 10.5 in shoes.

You can be so sweet to Maxwell but you can also tease him to tears. He loves to chase you around the house and you can make him giggle like nobody else. He cries every time you get out of the car to go to school and seems lost while you are there. He squeals with excitement and kicks his legs when we pick you up!

You are patiently waiting for all the snow to melt so you can play outside more and I am looking forward to it even more. I am excited to see you become even more athletic and try new things this summer.

I love my brown eyed, skinny bean, funny little guy. Happy third birthday. I watched you sleep for a few minutes tonight and want you know you are one of my best friends and I cherish EVERY minute spent with you. I hope you had a happy birthday and have MANY more to come!

Much love,
Mommy

5 comments:

Rogers Family Blog said...

Happy B-day Carden! I remember 3 years ago from today and how cool it was that you share the day with Chad. It makes it all the more special. Jake, Jonah and Ash love playing with you! We have so much fun when we go up to Eden and hope to do lots more as the weather warms up. We will be visiting you soon with a present! xoxo Chad, Kelli, Jake, Jonah and Ashley

naptime nostalgia said...

What a sweet Momma you are Abby.

And happy birthday Carden!

Kate said...

Abby -- that is the epitome of blogging posts! It was awesome and so meaningful! Great journaling Abby! And of course, Happy Birthday Carden!

Courtney said...

What a great Mommy you are....

Happy birthday Carden!

clarke fam said...

That was such a cute message. You are and have always been, even before he was born, such a great mom!!