Friday, November 9, 2007

October Days

Let's start off with Halloween. Many of you that know Carden, know how much he loves hot dogs. Not eating them but rather singing about them. When asked about what he wanted to be for Halloween, we always got the same answer, "A hot dog!". Alan and I found a hot dog costume at Old Navy for infants. With the help of Alan's brother, Paul, it was adjusted to fit a two year old. Thanks Uncle Paul! I think it is GREAT! I still laugh every time I see pictures.
Max was a Monkey, Alan was a, Hmmmm, I am not sure, and I was a flapper.

It was a jammed packed day. We went to Alan's work, Alan's parents' for dinner, and then my parents for my Mom's witch brew show. She has been dressing up for more than 25 years and people come to her neighborhood just to see her. Aunt Mimi made the cutest pumpkin cake! She made two bundt cakes, put them together, and put Ding Dongs on the top for the stem. Carden thought it was his birthday so we had to sing Happy Birthday!

Happy Halloween!

I found Carden the other day with his Easter basket on his head! He was playing baseball in the back yard and the basket was his helmet. He was also wearing his pajama tops because he only wants to wear his jammies ALL DAY! It took some serious negotiating to get him to put pants on to go outside. He has the best imagination.

Max is still not crawling and I love it! He also does not have any teeth! I am hoping they all come in at once. He is ten months old next week! WOW! Can I just say one more time, he is my CUDDLE bug. He will sit on my lap for hours and just give me hugs and kisses! I LOVE IT! No wonder he is not crawling. He is always cuddling.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Very cute Abby!

Deming Family said...

I remember your mom as a witch when we were in 1st grade! She was so dang cool! How great is that she continues the tradition. Your family looks adorable in all the costumes. Not to play favorites, but Carden looks so dang cute.

Deming Family said...

By the way, you need to do a post about Carden's finger painting. I wish you could have taken pictures!

Goodrich's said...

I LOVE the hot dog, that is so cute!!! Fun family Halloween pictures. Did you go to the party at Matt & Ashli's?

Anonymous said...

Hi Alan!

I saw you trying to contact me through linkedin, (which I don't actually use).

It didn't give me your email address though, so I had to google and track you down through your blog, (nice "I'm not sure" costume by the way).

Anyway, I'd love to catch up with you. Send me your email address and I'll be happy to provide you my phone number so we can catch up.

-Carl

Meg and Nate said...

I'm still laughing Abby! Seriously, I love those monkey ears on Max and Carden's costume is classic. I'm sad Nate and I missed your mom's show this year. Hopefully we'll catch it next year, it's the best. I'm happy to hear that Max is still so cuddly. I hope he still is in January when we take care of him!