Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's Fall Ya'll

Yep, it is officially fall. Last week even seemed like winter. I must admit I was not excited when I saw snow on the ground. I do not like that feeling you get when it is cold outside. You know, where your bones ache and it is a 20 minute process just to get clothes on to go outside.

The past few weeks have been wonderful. We went to get pumpkins at a patch. I haven't really ever bought pumpkins before. The pumpkin I wanted was $20. Are you kidding me?!!!!! Alan explained they are a lot cheaper at the stores. He was right! We bought a few small pumpkins for the boys and waited to buy the larger ones for carving at the grocery store.

We went to Eden last weekend with some of Alan's family. Carden and Alan spent a lot of time making a fort. It was huge. We love that place and the traditions we have already started there. Alan and Carden love to hunt for golf balls and 41 seems to be the lucky number they always find. They enjoy going on motorcycle rides searching for animals and eating a whole pan of rice krispie treats.
Finally, when it was cold outside, Carden and I started a new art project. We paint and then the paint turns into stickers to hang on the windows. It has been great! The paint peels off of every thing it gets on and Carden loves waiting for it to dry.







5 comments:

Rogers Family Blog said...

Ab- the kids are getting so big and handsome! we love you guys and hope you had a great birthday. i can't believe max's eyes!

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

Looks like SO much fun! I love that picture of Maxwell with his pumpkin! His eyes are SO blue! Oh how I LOVE the Fall!!!

Deming Family said...

What a fun weekend. When are the girls going to get a chance to hang out up there? We talk about it enough! The pumpkin patch pictures are cute too. Glad you had fun!
Trisha

Ashley said...

I haven't seen Carden forever. He's such a little boy in those pictures and so grown up! You guys are such a cute family. Love that paint sticker stuff. You'll have to tell me more about that next time we get together.

Heidi said...

Hey Abby,
I always look at your cute blog, and your cute family. I thought I'd say hello this time, and tell you how much I miss you and think it is so sad that we never see eachother anymore! Your family is beautiful. Hope to see you soon.