Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Jersey Boy

Oh Carden,
"These are your words."

You have made me laugh out loud more than once today! I love it. After attending cousin Travis' basketball game with Grandma and Grandpa on Saturday, you are "into it". It just so happens I also bought you a sweat shirt last week with Champs written on the top with a 90 on it. You now insist on wearing your "jersey for the grey team" every day! SICK!!!! I always heard about these moments and felt horrible for the parents that had to touch their kids in dirty nasty clothes. You had a tubby tonight and are back in your "jersey clothes" asleep in your bed along with your blue socks because "jersey boys do not wear white socks".

You may ask how to "play jersey"? Well, it is very simple. You throw a ball and run back and forth, back and forth. I have to cheer "like grandma does" and you race around with a giant grin on your face. You may very well be content if I sat on the couch for 10 hours and cheered for you while we "played jersey". Max thinks it is great and laughs his heart out. He is now cheering too by clapping his hands and yelling.

I must admit there are days I have to go into the bathroom, take MANY deep breaths and still try to avoid you for a few minutes. You have a VERY strong personality. You use very complex words for a two year old and sometimes I wonder where you get them from. The other day you had some friends over and became so upset it made me worry. You kept telling me you were "nervous". Finally, you went to bed. It was 11:30 in the morning. Great job removing yourself from the situation. But I had to go out and tell your friends your play date was over because you were asleep. Later that day when Max started fussing a little, you said "Oh no, now Max is getting anxious!"

I Love you buddy! Thanks for making me laugh and please be patient with me as I learn to be patient with you!

My Mom sent me an email the other day and I thought I would share it! Thanks MOM! I love you more and more everyday! (Thanks to my own kids).


Abby....I know how frustrated you are with my darling grandson but I know this is just a phase and he will pass through it soon. You are an unbelieveable mother...so patient,so loving, and give so much extra time and planning to your children's lives. They are so lucky to have you. Today I was going through my Christmas stuff just looking for a poem to put on my calendar Christmas letter and came across this and it brought tears to my eyes. Hope it gives you so encouragement. And by the way, you will sleep again someday.

Love you so much...mom

'Two and a Half"

Hold him a little longer,
Rock him a little more.
Tell him another story(You've only told him four),
Let him sleep on your shoulder,
Rejoice in his happy smile,
He is only two and a half
For such a little while!!

Author Unknown

4 comments:

naptime nostalgia said...

Hope I don't burst your bubble here, but three, well, it's an improvement, but not by much. If you ever want a break, Cam would love to play "Jersey" with Carden. We too have certain clothing we can only wear at certain times. Currently he is insisting on shorts. We'll see how long that lasts. Good to know other mom's are dealing with the same things I am. See you Tuesday!

ashli said...

so so true, that poem your mom sent. too often right now i am wishing my oldest were two and a half and full of life and love. hold him close. time FLIES!
ashli

Molly Koch said...

i think we have the same 2 year old. sometimes i have to remind myself that I love him- as he is hitting me in the face, or sitting on camiron. and our daily fight- kicking screaming, biting etc etc to get out of pjs in the morning and into them at night. ugh! at least you are out of diapers... i am not fighting two on that fight! we need to get together when i am home in jan. our crew can play!

Katy said...

Love the poem!