Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Taste of What's to Come

Sorry.... no pictures for this post, by choice! I woke up on Monday morning about 3:00 a.m. with the most painful cramping in my neck. After a few hours of not being able to move, Alan's parents came down while Alan took me to the Emergency Room at St. Marks. They immediately took me to labor and delivery where they set me up to monitors only to see a lot of contractions. I was also dilating. I did not really feel the contractions because the neck pain was so bad. Apparently, the stress of the pain put me into preterm labor.

After a few shots of pain medication, I was able to relax and at least breath for a while. They admitted me to labor and delivery where they monitored the contractions, started physical therapy, and a few other things.

I am finally home now and it has been a little overwhelming as to what is to come. I hate relying on other people so much and having to ask for help. Especially with little one's around. I have felt very guilty about leaving the boys and was hoping to spend every last minute of this pregnancy playing with them and cherishing this beautiful fall weather.

Although I feel bad about having people help with EVERYTHING, this has made me realize how blessed we are to be so close to family. The boys we VERY well taken care of, dinner was made, laundry was done, I had someone with me constantly, and I did not have to worry about a thing.

It is overwhelming to think we will be doing this again in (we hope) 7 weeks. My little C gets thrown off by any little change. He put everyone in my hospital room in tears last night when he told me he liked my pretty shirt (the hospital gown) and how he wanted to write me a letter. I asked what it would say and he responded, "Dear Mommy, I love you. I am so sorry you have to be at the hospital. I like to play Sound Bingo with you. You are my best buddy."
What a sweet heart!

It killed me to not pick M up and kiss, hold, and cuddle him to pieces. He is so stinkin cute. I just pray I can now get back into a routine, stop contracting/dilating, and feel as good as I have felt during this pregnancy for the remainder.

I feel so blessed to have such a healthy body and to have healthy children.

One more HUGE thank you to my Mom, Alan's parents, siblings, and especially my little sister, who should really be a nurse, and those that offered but we never got back to. I had foot massages, food, and someone by my side every minute. I love you all so very much!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a scare!! I'm so glad things are improving. I'm sure your little guys are just glad to have you back and won't hold any grudges. Take care of yourself!!

Heidi said...

ABBY How scary! I am so sorry that I didn't know I would have helped in some way too. I hope there aren't anymore problems so you can enjoy your boys for the next 7 weeks. Take care! If you need anything let me know ok.

Kate said...

Glad you are doing better! I read Meg's blog and then called my mom...she called your mom to get the details right away! My sisters and I were worried. Glad all is "better" now!

Alicia said...

Abby, we are sooo happy that you are doing okay now :). We love you.

Brando and Annie said...

I am so glad you are ok I was so worried! I hope you don't have anymore scares. I will see you next Thursday!

Becky said...

Glad all is well. Keep that baby cookin' for a bit longer.