Monday, May 12, 2008

I do not know what to call this post

I must apologize for the post my Honey put on here. He has officially been banned from my password and is in serious trouble. I think his point was to show me how insane this blogging thing is and he did a great job. Within 15 minutes of posting that our phone started ringing. So, that was the male version of our little surprise. Here is the female version.

Remember the post about Lasik? Especially the last few sentences. “Thanks to my honey for letting me do this! It is something I have wanted to do for a very long time. Do not worry people! Everyone keeps asking if we are done having kids. No we are not. You can get Lasik and still get pregnant. Just not for at least 6 months. Sorry honey!”

Hummmmm,Well, the waiting six months part did not really work out. Are you kidding me? In fact, I was most likely pregnant when I had Lasik. This is more than a shock!!!!! We are still not sure how it was possible. Just so everyone knows, certain forms of birth control do not work.

It tall started about a month ago when Alan was out of town. I woke really sick on a Monday morning and I thought I had the flu. I toughed it out and kept going through the day without saying anything to anyone. In the back of my mind I kept thinking I am a little late but there is NO WAY I am pregnant.

I felt better that night but woke the next morning feeling the same. I was baffled. I also had really bad heartburn. I started thinking I was making myself feel sick thinking I was pregnant but how could that even be possible. I decided I did not care and I would pay six bucks for a pregnancy test. Off we went to the store. It was a disaster!

There was a live radio broadcast there and a lot of people were by the pregnancy tests. Max just happened to throw a Vitamin Water out of the cart, the lid popped off, and it spilled all over. Carden yelled “What the world Max,” and took of running. Everybody looked at us and the DJ’s say on air, “Can someone help this poor lady get this mess cleaned up.” I wanted to dive into a whole. I am sure they were looking at me thinking, this lady can’t even handle her two kids and she is holding a pregnancy test?

I left the store telling myself two things. One, I was insane for thinking I was pregnant and two, if for some miracle I was, I was in for it.

I am 10 weeks a long and the baby is due December 9th, 2008. We will have a three year old, a one year old, and a new born. I know people do this! I do not do this. I was thinking about maybe getting pregnant in another year or two. This is insane. I am such a planner!!!!! I just finished lecturing Alan’s brother about how you do not get pregnant in March! That is a December baby.

I used to laugh and roll my eyes when people would say they did not plan the pregnancy. Get real! You use birth control correctly….you do not get pregnant. NOT TRUE!

It has only taken us a few weeks to cope with the fact that this was obviously meant to be. We apologize for not telling people but we have really needed some time to understand ourselves. We are getting more excited every day. (Especially now that I can actually make it through the day without leaning over the toilet.)

Needless to say, Alan is happy as can be. I waited for him to get back in town to tell him. It killed me keeping it from him for 48 hours. I have it video tapped. He was sooooo confused. Yet really PROUD and excited!

We went to the Dr. a few weeks ago and he just laughed when he saw us. He gave Alan a high five and said he was impressed. We heard the heart beat and saw the little bean growing. I am still in shock. I know we are blessed. I am in NO way complaining. We can do this and will do this. I am slowly learning I can not plan EVERYTHING in my life. The Lord has plans for us also. So now we will follow his plan for us and have faith that this is what is best for our, not so little anymore, family.

12 comments:

Goodrich's said...

Congrats Abby! Even when you think you're ready for it, you're not! Those little blessings seem to come when they're ready. I'm excited for ya and hope you have an easy pregnancy!

Rogers Family Blog said...

We are way excited for another cousin! I hope you'll let Carden come and play. Next time, all I can say is "IUD!" Ha ha.

Alicia said...

Abby, we are so happy for you guys! I have been hoping that you would post about it soon :). You are the best mom and Heavenly Father knows that his sweet spirits need to go to awesome parents, ready or not :). Love you!

Laurie said...

You can endure anything if it means you get a new bigger car. ha ha. Life gets thrown in a loop sometimes. But I am happy for you. This makes for a fun and juicy 2008.

Brando and Annie said...

CONGRATS! A December baby will be so much fun! I can't wait to find out what you are having! I hope you are feeling better!

Jamie said...

Congratulations, Abby! That is so exciting. What a fun surprise. You will have your hands full, but I'm sure it will be so fun to have kids so close in age.

Pohlmans said...

I love the Alan version and the Abby version. We love you guys and are so excited for you!

Nollie said...

Abby, Congratulations! If anyone can do it, you can.

P.S. Cami Warner let me in on a little secret that has come in very handy - they sell pregnancy tests at the dollar store. Who would have guessed?

Molly Koch said...

congrats!! i am so excited for you guys. good luck with this! i am laughing.. and it had better not happen to me. i can't wait to hear the adventures you have coming up! :) we sure love you guys. and big congrats.

Cory and Holly said...

So So Funny! I told you when it happened to me that I am not retarded! Birth Control is not 100%! I am keeping my fingers crossed for a girl this time (unless your going for a "team" of boys) And, points to shooter for creativity! I have never heard of conception being compared to hockey! LOVE IT!! Congrats!!!

Mary said...

Hey Abby,
This is Mary (Chipman) Lehnhof. I just came across your blog from Trisha's. I hope you don't mind me commenting! I just wanted to let you know that I am living proof that you will survive! Your story sounds A LOT like mine. I couldn't live without my #3 now! Surely Heavenly Father knows better what we need than we do! I wish you luck! And, want to say that your family is darling!

My blog is private, but if you'd like to check out my crazy experiences with 3 kiddos, you can email me at mary@uita.org and I'll send you an invite! (or maybe it's better if you're just blind-sided!)

Courtney said...

Abby-

Congratulations! I am so excited for you.....I love your pregnancy test story...that would so happen to me:)