Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Go UTES????????

What the world? Can they really be that bipolar? One week we are awesome the next week it is embarrassing! Alan and I went down to Vegas...without the boys. It was fabulous. Alan drove down with the bros on Thursday and I flew down with my Mom, Dad, and my sister on Friday. It was a great trip minus the U game. That was really BORING!!!!!!!!!!!! We mostly ate... a lot. Cheesecake Factory, In and Out Burger, a Buffet. All the Vegas spots. I was so happy to have my Dad with us but it was hard on him. He was a trooper! His eyes do not make tears anymore so he has to put drops in about every 10 minutes and ice his eyes. He sat through the game with a sweatshirt over his head to block the wind and had to wear a mask for the flight. He is soooooooo amazing. I admire him more than anyone else in the world. We also had our own personal chauffeur. Megan's friend, Robb, drove us around Vegas and did a great job. Even with us all yelling at him from the backseat. We only circled around the city a few times everytime we needed to get somewhere..... Just kidding Robb! I would love to share some photos of the weekend but when you leave the kids home, you pack light. I mean really light! I am bummed I did not bring the camera but it was nice to only have my bag to carry. Oh, and my pump, and the cooler for the milk. Once you have kids, they seem to never leave your side. Even when you are 400 miles away!

I HUGE THANK YOU to Alan's Mom and Dad for taking the boys for the weekend. Can I just say how much we love living by family? I know many people enjoy living away but I can honestly say there has not been one day I did not thank the Lord we live so close to family. Carden loves his Gramdma, Grandpa, Nana, Papa, aunts, uncles, and cousins so much. I am so grateful he knows them and they have seen him grow up. He had a great time with the family and again, thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for being soooooo helpful!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I am jelous that you live so close to family, it wouldn't be a big deal when you didn't have kids, in fact when I didn't have Weston I thought I would never want to live by family....it was fun just to be on our own, but now I wish I was by family more than ever.....

Sounds like you had a fun trip, it is nice to get away from the kiddies once in awhile:)

Deming Family said...

I can't believe this was the weekend you went to Vegas! I'm so sorry I didn't even ask you about it! It sounds like fun though! I love the idea of you crusing through Vegas, and then suddenly realizing "I need to PUMP!" Glad you got away. Hopefully you got to sleep in until 12:00 on Saturday/Sunday. Trisha

Ashley said...

One of the girls from my ward said she met you in Vegas. She said you were super cute. Just thought you should know! Glad you guys had fun and at least the Utes won in the SNOW yesterday!