Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Late Mothers' Day

We had a fabulous weekend as a family and I could not help but constantly look around and be so very thankful to be a mother of two beautiful boys. Here is a little somthing I wrote.

Before I had children….
By Abby Pohlman

The sun would wake me up.

Before I had children I knew what sleep was.

Before I had children I knew my child would never have a melt down in a grocery store.

Before I had children I always left my house without a binkie and I did not know there was a difference between Tylenol and Motrin.

Before I had children I always wondered why I would sometimes hear my neighbor’s voice from all the way inside her home.

Before I had children I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Before I had children I never ate potato chips for breakfast.

Before I had children I never took the phone off the hook.

Before I had children I never played at the park, went to the zoo, chased bubbles in the yard, or drove to the airport just to watch planes.

Before I had children I never noticed how many fire trucks, school busses, or tractors there were just on the way to the grocery store.

Before I had children I washed my hair every day and I gagged at a booger nose.

Before I had children I never received so many kisses in one day.

Before I had children I did not know who Dora, Boots, Thomas the Train, or Diego were.

Before I had children I did not know there were so many kinds of hot dogs you could purchase.

Before I had children I changed my shirt whenever I had a spot on it and I thought my job was important.

Before I had children I wondered why the “stay at home Mom’s” did not have all the difficult church callings.

Before I had children I prayed for myself.

Before I had children I sat all the way through sacrament. Now I try to GET all the way through sacrament.

Before I had children I never drove an extra five miles just to find a drive through or a restaurant with a play land.

Before I had children I never woke in the middle of the night just to watch another person sleeping.

Before I had children I never knew the food I cooked was so DEEELICIOUS.

Before I had children one piece of my under garments was from Victoria Secret. Now it is from Lactation Station.

Before I had children I never knew I could accomplish so much with just one hand and I never owned crayons, plastic bowls, or a sippy cup.

Before I had children I never knew how much my Mom loved me and I never knew I could love someone else so much.

HAPPY MOTHERS’ DAY!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Love the poem Abby! You are such a cute mom. I'll see you at Dream Dinners and we can make some DEEELICIOUS food! :)

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

That is soooo true! I love it! The best it waking up to watch another person sleep! I do it all the time! Isn't being a mom the best! Great poem!