Monday, March 31, 2008

20/20

So I finally did it! I got Lasik and I am loving it. My Mom watched the kiddos while Alan's Mom took me to my appointment. The whole procedure was a piece of cake and I am very impressed. I spent the rest of the day up at my parents where my Dad and I spent the day resting and doing eye drops together.

I had a little mishap in the night and woke with not so great vision. I went to the Dr. and I had rubbed my left eye in the night and flipped the flap. I had part of the procedure redone and my vision is getting better by the day.

I am so happy to open my eyes in the morning and actually see! Most people think they have bad vision but mine was horrible! -7.00 in one eye and -6.75 in the other, with a stigmatism in both.

So all is better and I just have to continue eye drops every one-two hours for two months. That is a bummer but pretty easy compared to contacts.

Thanks to my honey for letting me do this! It is something I have wanted to do for a very long time. Do not worry people! Everyone keeps asking if we are done having kids. No we are not. You can get Lasik and still get pregnant. Just not for at least 6 months. Sorry honey!

Sorry for the boring post, just keeping record!

5 comments:

Kate said...

That is so awesome! I'm going to get my eyes done someday! I NEVER take out my contacts -- I think I am GREAT candidate! Good to hear it went well...it sort of scares me!

naptime nostalgia said...

Yay for being able to see!

Goodrich's said...

Lucky girl... maybe one day I will get that great surgery too. Sure am glad your contact and glasses days are over, I'm jealous!

Blondie Blues said...

So happy for you; what a good feeling to see with out glasses or contacts. I want to surprise Bob with an appointment this summer; so I would love some advice. Thanks again for the amazing Enchiladas! Love, Deb

Alicia said...

So glad that you are doing well! I'm so happy for you!