Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Maxie!

Where did that year go? Can you really be one? We love you so much and enjoy you every minute. You are starting to play with Carden and your face lights up when ever you see him. Especially when we pick him up from school. You kick your legs and squeal with excitement. You are crawling all over the place and pulling up on things. You can point to noses when asked and give great kisses. You often pat my back when I hug you and you love to play ball. You can sign 'milk' and 'more'. You clap your hands every time Daddy gets home from work! You adore him! You still have digestive issues and we are working on it. You HATE to take any medicines and manage to know when anything is hidden in food. You are becoming a picky eater. This is due to us trying to trick you into taking medications.

You have found a new fake cry and use it when Carden is bothering you. I must tell you, it is not very good acting! You might want to work on that one.
I can tell you and Carden are going to be best friends. You have both been so much fun lately. We love to play together and I love peaking in on the two of you together.

We had a little birthday celebration at Grandma and Grandpa's house on Sunday. You dove into your cup cake and devoured it. YUMMY!! Today was a little down day. Daddy had to go to San Francisco for the day, we had our carpets cleaned, and made you another cake. This time it was banana cake with Cool Whip. Car Car and I sang happy birthday with Nana on the phone. We had to do it three times. The first time the video was not recording. The second time the candle would not light. We played 'Pin the Tail on the Donkey'. Carden was so excited. He asked if he was three now because you are one.

Happy Big Day to my baby! I love you.

As one of my favorite songs says "My wish for you and that life becomes all that you want it to. Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small, you never have to carry more than you can haul." I just want to add that I hope you can gain a love for your Heavenly Father because he loves you and I do also, Maxwell. Happy First Birthday!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Abby -- you are such a great mommy! I admire you! Great job bloggin/journaling!! I am watching your moves so that I can be a good blogger like you! And might I say...your kids are so darn cute!

Alicia said...

Abby you are a great mom! I can't believe it's been a year since Max was born. He and Carden are adorable.

Rogers Family Blog said...

How cute, Ab. Happy B-day Max. You are adorable and we love having all these boy cousins to play with. I love your eyes and your smile, Max. Happy 1st Birthday. kelli