Thursday, October 14, 2010

My First Garden

I decided to do a garden this year. It was a great learning experience. It did not turn out to be as productive as I thought but it was a good start. I learned a lot. I will do it again next year with new insight and hopefully better results. We had the following: Peaches, peppers, squash, carrots, basil, jalapenos, two (yes...TWO!) green peas, and tomatoes. We also planted raspberries, onions, and cilantro. Hopefully the raspberries will berry next year. I am going to keep the carrots in ground covered by a bag of leaves and then go out in the middle of winter and pick some carrots for lunch. The boys loved it and they stayed out of it better than I expected. Gardening is just like every other thing in life. You learn as you go and become better as time goes by. I hope!

No comments: