Saturday, June 27, 2009

Back to Life!

We are glad to have M’s surgery over with. He was such a trooper. I am so proud of him. The doctor said it would take at least three months for the swelling to go down and then we could start speech. We were not expecting any changes in his speech but we have seen great improvement! He can say his name without air coming through his nose. We are so excited. He also sleeps in a big boy bed now. It has only been a good thing. He has slept two strait weeks in it and has not even tried to get out. Also, M used to rise at 6:30 every morning. After we put him in the twin bed he has slept until 8 or 9. LOVIN’ IT! C had a more difficult time with the surgery than his brother that actually had the surgery. I think he was so worried about M that he even got a fever. Once M came home it was even more difficult. We are back into a SCHEDULE for him and he is doing WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!! He started swim lessons and LOVES it. I was blown away. He hates new things and paced the house all morning the first day of lessons. Now he asks when the weekend will be over so he can go to swim lessons. He has been delightful lately! He just needs something to look forward to.
O is adorable and I think he is beautiful. Can I say that about a boy? I call him Kitty Cat (because he cat naps all the day long) or Koala (because he just hangs on my body and forms to whatever position you put him in). He is rolling like crazy and giggling all day. He is sleeping from 9:15 to 5:00 or 6:00. He nurses and then goes back down for a few hours. I do not want to complain but I am wondering if I should try and break him of that early feeding. I never did with M and he is now an early riser. Any advice? He is also sitting for a few seconds and LOVES food. Today he ate broccoli and loved it. We are loving summer (now that it finally came) and looking forward to a few family trips. Alan took the two older boys fishing this morning. They were so excited. As for me, O and I did some serious yard work. It was perfect weather and the ground was moist.
Summer rocks. I love it. Alan HATES the heat (and I do at night) but everything else about it is wonderful. I can’t believe next weekend is Alan's birthday and then July 4th. Great times!

3 comments:

Megan Marie said...

whew, i was worried that the "tree incident" might make the blog. i think o is beautiful too, cute post.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well!! That little "O" looks JUST like you!! He's adorable. I'd love to see him in PERSON!! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.